EHD Smart Switchable Glass
EHD Smart Switchable Glass is an industry-leading switchable glass solution.
Our cutting edge technology allows you to switch from transparent to translucent and vice-versa at a tab of your fingertip.
How Smart Glass works
A simple On/Off mode switches the EHD Smart Switchable Glass from transparent to translucent. In the transparent mode, the smart switchable glass appears just like any other conventional glass panels providing unobstructed view and daylight penetration.
In translucent mode, the smart switchable glass acts as an electronic blind providing privacy and security, while still allowing daylight penetration. In ‘On’ or ‘Transparent’ mode, an electric current is passed through the PDLCs (Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal) interlayer which lines up the microscopic crystals along parallel axes, allowing vision through the glass.
In ‘Off’ or ‘Translucent’ mode, no electric current is applied so the PDLCs are arranged randomly in droplets, scattering light as it passes through the film. This results in a blurry milky-white colour obstructing vision through the glass.
With longevity and safety incorporated into the design of our product, you can expect EHD Smart Switchable Glass to have a lifespan of a conventional glass product.
Durability is ensured with over 70,000 hours of non-stop testing when switched to ‘On’ or ‘Transparent’ mode. Toughness and soundproofing are guaranteed with tempered glass measuring 12mm of thickness that few competitors can match. Energy saving is achieved with UV blockage of 98%, allowing occupants to enjoy a comfortable ambient while conserving energy.
Smart Glass Applications
- Bathroom windows and doors
- Office/ meeting room walls and doors
- Dividing partitions
- Rear projection screen
- Retail/ museum display windows
Smart Glass Features
- Thickness 12mm (Glass); 2mm (Film only)
- Made to order custom panel sizes for perfect fitment
- Multiple panels can be joined to create glass walls & partitions
- Maximum single panel size 1.9 (W) x 4.3 (H) metres
- Power input range from 110V – 220V
- Visible Light Transmittance 89% (power on); 52% (power off)
- Haze 5% (on); 82% (off)
- Ultraviolet (UV) resistance 98% (power on and off)
- Viewing Angle 120° degree
- Response Time 10ms (on); 200ms (off)
- Operating Temp. -20-60° Celsius
- Lifecycle 50000+ hrs
- Life Time 7+ years
- Operating Voltage 60V
- Power Consumption 6W/m²
- Residence Bel-Air, Hong Kong
- Celestial Heights, Hong Kong
- King Gold – The Bayview, Guangzhou, China
- White Swan Hotel, Guangzhou, China
- Hilton Hotel, Guangzhou, China
- W Hotel, Changsha, China
- Nikko Hotel, Taizhou, China
- Hyatt Regency, Qingdao, China
- Grand Hyatt, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Central Plaza, Guangzhou, China
- TaiKoo Hui Office Towers, Guangzhou, China
- R&F To-Win Building, Guangzhou, China
- Ningbo Science and Technology Museum, Ningbo, China
- Dongguan Museum, Dongguan, China
Smart Glass Quotation
Start living the future today!
We are happy to provide consultany to suit your needs.