EHD Smart Switchable Glass
EHD Smart Switchable Glass is an industry-leading switchable glass solution.
cutting edge technology allows you to switch from transparent to translucent and vice-versa at a tab of your fingertip.
How Smart Glass works
A simple On/Off mode switches the EHD Smart Switchable Glass from transparent to translucent. In the transparent mode, the smart switchable glass appears just like any other conventional glass panels providing
In ‘On’ or ‘Transparent’ mode, an electric current is passed through the PDLCs (Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal) interlayer which lines up the microscopic crystals along parallel axes, allowing vision through the glass.
In ‘Off’ or ‘Translucent’ mode, no electric current is applied so the PDLCs are arranged randomly in droplets, scattering light as it passes through the film. This results in a blurry milky-white
With longevity and safety incorporated into the design of our product, you can expect EHD Smart Switchable Glass to have a lifespan of a conventional glass product.
Durability is ensured with over 70,000 hours of non-stop testing when switched to ‘On’ or ‘Transparent’ mode. Toughness and soundproofing are guaranteed with tempered glass measuring 12mm of thickness that few competitors can match. Energy saving is achieved with UV blockage of 98%, allowing occupants to enjoy a comfortable ambient while conserving energy.
Smart Glass Applications
- Bathroom windows and doors
- Office/ meeting room walls and doors
- Dividing partitions
- Rear projection screen
- Retail/ museum display windows
Smart Glass Features
- Tempered glass thicknesses measuring 12mm
- Made to order custom panel sizes for perfect fitment
- Maximum single panel size 1.9 (W) x 4.3 (H)
- Multiple panels can be joined to create glass walls & partitions
- Power input range from 110V – 220V
- Visible Light Transmittance (power on) 84%
- Haze 5% (on); 82% (off)
- Viewing Angle 120-degree
- Response Time 10ms (on); 200ms (off)
- Operating Temp. 20-60 celsius
- Lifecycle 50000+ hrs
- Lift Time 7+ years
- Operating Voltage 60V
- Power C
EHD Smart Film
EHD Smart Film
utilises the same technology as EHD Smart Glass and can be retrofitted to existing glazing or glass, performing the same function as Smart Glass.
It is manufactured as a self-adhesive film, which makes it easy to apply to both new and existing glass.
EHD Smart Switchable Film may be suitable if you want to achieve the same result as Smart Glass without replacing existing glass panels. The only difference between our Smart Glass and Smart Film is the former has the Smart Film sandwiched in between
Note: Indoor application with limited moisture exposure only
- Residence Bel-Air, Hong Kong
- Celestial Heights, Hong Kong
- King Gold – The Bayview, Guangzhou, China
- White Swan Hotel, Guangzhou, China
- Hilton Hotel, Guangzhou, China
- W Hotel, Changsha, China
- Nikko Hotel, Taizhou, China
- Hyatt Regency, Qingdao, China
- Grand Hyatt, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Central Plaza, Guangzhou, China
- TaiKoo Hui Office Towers, Guangzhou, China
- R&F To-Win Building, Guangzhou, China
- Ningbo Science and Technology Museum, Ningbo, China
- Dongguan Museum, Dongguan, China